Thursday, March 19, 2015

An American in Paris part 2

Going to Paris for a month certainly sounds like a good idea, but I have a job. Fortunately, April is an easy time of the year to get some time off. The big New Year rush is long gone and summer is months away. Ryan and I actually took our first vacation from Hong Kong in April. We did not even want to. They made us take the days off, so we went to Macau. Macau is nothing special and there are plenty of better places to go in China, but I will always remember it as my first Chinese vacation spot.

It also helps that I have been at my job for four years now. That's not really a long time, but it is long around here. Most of the people I work with stay for a year or two. Foreigners are lucky to make it past a full year. Not that they get fired, although some do. The main problem is adapting to the new culture. A lot of people think it will be a great adventure, but too many can't handle how different everything is. If you want to live the life you lived in Canada or Australia, don't come to China. It is not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.