Sunday, March 8, 2015

One Day At a Time part 5

Since I have the day off tomorrow, I'm going to Fuzhou again. It is another tiny one night trip, but I knew about it far enough in advance that I was able to book a hotel. Staying at Ryan's house is cheaper, but more crowded.

He likes staying at my apartment whenever he comes to Hong Kong. That is because he gets along with my roommates and has a bit of a crush on Lily. I don't especially like staying at his house whenever I go to Fuzhou. I think his roommates act too much like teenagers. It's not that they are old. They are all pretty much our age and they have all been living there for a while, but they act like they are away from mommy and daddy for the first time.

At a hotel, Ryan and I can have far more privacy than we ever get at his house. I have said it before and I will probably say it a million more times, but privacy is of the utmost importance when you are in a long distance relationship. Lily and Kevin see each other every day. They share a bedroom. They can live in sin like there's no tomorrow. Ryan and I live in different countries, more or less. We have to get on a plane to see each other. After I have gone through all the airport hassles and a hundred Chinese people manhandling my passport, I want to do things with my boyfriend that I can't do with four teenagers listening at the door. In a hotel room, I can go 50 shades of red on his ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.