Sunday, March 8, 2015

One Day At a Time part 5

Since I have the day off tomorrow, I'm going to Fuzhou again. It's another tiny one night trip, but I knew about it far enough in advance that I was able to book a hotel. It's a lot cheaper to stay at Ryan's house, but it's also a lot more crowded.

He likes staying at my apartment whenever he comes to Hong Kong. That's because he gets along with my roommates and has a bit of a crush on Lily. I don't especially like staying at his house whenever I go to Fuzhou. I think his roommates act too much like teenagers. It's not that they're old. They're all pretty much our age and they've all been living there for a while, but they act like they're away from mommy & daddy for the first time.

At a hotel, Ryan & I can have far more privacy than we ever get at his house. I've said it before and I'll probably say it a million more times, but privacy is of the utmost importance when you're in a long distance relationship. Lily & Kevin see each other every day. They share a bedroom. They can live in sin like there's no tomorrow. Ryan & I live in different countries, more or less. We have to get on a plane to see each other. After I've gone through all the airport hassles and a hundred Chinese people manhandling my passport, I want to do things with my boyfriend that I can't do with 4 teenagers listening at the door. In a hotel room, I can go 50 shades of red on his ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.