Sunday, May 3, 2015

An American in Paris part 6

I'm back in Hong Kong. Even a full month away has to end sooner or later. It felt more like sooner. If I had to describe Paris in one word, it would be delicious.

Paris was delicious. Le plats était délicieux.

I would have gained considerable weight in that month, but I exercised a lot. There was a lot of walking. I walked pretty much every street in Quartier latin, every tiny street on Île Saint-Louis and Île de la Cité, and most of Montmartre, Marais and Montparnasse.

I walked through Jardin des Plantes, Bois de Vincennes, Jardin des Tuileries, Jardin du Luxembourg, Bois de Boulogne and Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, and up a million steps to the tops of Cathédrale de Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe and Basilique du Sacré Coeur. Fortunately, most of the taller sights have elevators.

I walked the length of Forum des Halles, Avenue des Champs-Élysées, Boulevard Haussmann, Avenue des Ternes and Rue de Rivoli, plus more than a few museums, including Musée du Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, Musée Rodin, Musée National d'Art Moderne, Musée Marmottan and Espace Dalí.

Of course, I walked up and down the Seine more than a few times. Our apartment was a bridge away from Quai de la Tournelle, which is a great starting point for a nice quay walk.

I also took a side trip to Antibes, so there was more walking there.

A month can be a long time or it can pass in the blink of an eye. Toutes les choses doivent passer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.