Monday, November 9, 2015

Rainy Days and Birthdays Always Get Me Down

Not really, but that was the first title that popped into my head. I actually like the rain, and I'm not old enough to fear getting older. Yet.

Last month was Ryan's birthday. I know I'm not supposed to talk about him. Everyone I know has told me not to talk about him. And it's not like I mention him every day. In fact, I rarely mention him at all anymore. But this was the first birthday since high school that we did not at least talk to each other. It was not always possible to spend any time together on our birthdays, but if nothing else, at least we talked on the phone. This year, nothing.

This month is my birthday. I need to find something to do to keep my mind off it. I'm not always a big celebrator on my birthday. Sometimes I will go out to dinner. We had a surprise party last year, but I knew about it. Sometimes my birthday is on Thanksgiving, but not this year. I think that might be a few years away.

2 comments:

  1. Do you miss having sex on a regular basis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I also miss fresh spinach and movies without superheroes.

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.