Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year's Eve 2015

The bird flu has been kicking my butt, but I agreed to go to a New Year's Eve party with Lily and Kevin on Thursday. Sitting on the sofa with a blanket wrapped around my body and a surgical mask around my face gets pretty old pretty fast. The drugs I got from the hospital have worked wonders, but my cough just refuses to go away. The solution? Go to a party and spread it around.

I left the party before 2015 became 2016 and was home by the time all the fireworks made Hong Kong sound like a war zone. But I talked to a few people in between coughing on them and had a few drinks, which are probably not supposed to be mixed with the drugs. Oh, well. Alcohol is good for the flu, right? Feed a fever, drink the flu.

I also met a friend of one of Lily's friends who asked me out on a date. I definitely was not expecting that. I left the blanket at home, but I did not look my best at the party. So either I am irresistible while choking on my own phlegm, or this guy has low standards. I was a little too buzzed on alcohol and drugs I can't pronounce, so I said yes. But I had enough sense to suggest we wait until I could breathe through my nose.

I have a date. No one knows when it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.