Thursday, June 30, 2016

Tel Aviv Audition

I went to Tel Aviv last month. I was only there for a few days, but I met some people and we did some talking. Now I have an audition next week.

I'm not moving to Tel Aviv. That is not likely to ever happen. I am not even leaving Hong Kong. I'm sure that will happen some day, but not today. If all goes well at this audition, I will go to Tel Aviv from time to time for specific performances. This is not a full time gig. It's more like serving in the National Guard. They will call me up when they want to.

Since this is not any kind of regular job, it will not pay particularly well. I'm kind of amazed they are even willing to pay anything at all. But I'm not doing it for the money. I'm in it for the experience. If you are a performer and someone wants you to perform on the other side of the world in a country you don't understand, you take it. I have to assume it will be very educational. It also does not hurt the CV.

In any event, it's too soon to make any plans. I have not even auditioned yet. I like to be optimistic, but I could always blow it and none of this will matter.

2 comments:

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.