Thursday, October 6, 2016

Harry part 2

I went out on a second date with Harry. It was nothing special. I don't think there will be a third date. It is not so much that there is anything particularly wrong with him. There was simply no spark. We also have incompatible schedules, so even if we wanted to date, it would be a pain in the butt to find the right times.

Maybe I'm not being fair. I want someone more interesting, more exciting, and yes, more handsome. Maybe that is superficial of me. But none of my ex-boyfriends were the complete package. They had a few good things going for them, but there were always giant red flags that I ignored. Maybe I'm supposed to settle for whoever is available right now, but I don't even like the way that sounds. There is nothing wrong with being single.

We still have the Clear Water Bay house. That means more people coming over. When you have two roommates in an apartment, your friends come over from time to time. When you have a giant house with a swimming pool and hot tub, you are never alone. Through no fault of my own, I have a few phone numbers of eligible young bachelors. There is nothing I like about the idea of dating more than one guy at a time, but I don't see anything wrong with a few phone calls. Maybe having all these other guys around is affecting my decisions about Harry. Most likely.

I thought about inviting Harry to the big house, but he is really hairy. I know how terrible that makes me sound, but we are using that pool like there's no tomorrow. If he went in, it would be clogged for days.

One of my best friends has a cousin with Down syndrome. She loves that pool almost as much as I do. When one of Kevin's coworkers complained that she should not be in the pool for some stupid reason, we kicked the coworker out of the house. Since his boss is also Kevin's boss, there is a pretty good chance that this story might get back to the boss. It is theoretically possible that we might not get to use this house anymore. If that happens, so be it. We will gladly kick out an asshole over someone with Down syndrome any day.

And yet, I don't want Harry in the pool because he is too hairy. Go figure.

1 comment:

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.