Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 3/28/17

The first step in Untitled 2017 Novel is research. This book will require some. Maybe a lot. It takes place in Los Angeles. I have been there, but I don't know the city backward and forward. The easiest way around that is to have a character that does not know the city. The stranger in a strange land trope is common for a reason. But I still have to know what I'm talking about.

Today, I looked up parks. Specifically, Griffith Park, Sepulveda Basin Recreation Area, Malibu Creek State Park, Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park and Stoney Point. I'm amazed by how much green space there is in Los Angeles. I can't say that they will all end up in the book, but at least one of them will play an important role.


Planet of the Apes
Directed by Franklin J. Schaffner
© 1968 20th Century Fox


M*A*S*H
CBS/20th Century Fox


Short Cuts
Directed by Robert Altman
© 1993 Fine Line Features

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.