Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 3/29/17

I have started writing, but it occurred to me that I don't know all of the character's names yet. I was going to name all of the female characters after Shakespearean women, but that will not work. I don't want to use Juliet or Ophelia. That leaves a few good names – Rosalind, Viola, Beatrice, Katherina; a few names that you can't help but think of something else – Regan, Titania, Hermione, Portia; and a lot of names that just don't sound right – Goneril, Volumnia, Hippolyta, Gertrude.

I came up with a system for naming some of the interconnected characters. It's either clever or stupid. We will have to wait and see.


The Taming of the Shrew
Directed by Franco Zeffirelli
© 1967 Columbia Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.