Saturday, July 1, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 7/1/17

Here's something I never knew. As a public service, I will share it with the world.

According to some taxi website, a taxi ride from Chatsworth to the Van Nuys Courthouse is $62.97, and another ride to the impound lot is $10.51. With tips, that's about $80. That sounds high to me.

According to the city of Los Angeles, the standard rate for an impounded car is $124, plus $39 for daily storage, $7 mileage rate, $115 release fee and a 10% city parking tax. If your car is impounded, you have to pay the city for the privilege of parking in their impound lot. That comes to $313.50.

Did you know any of that? I sure did not. Now we all do.

Did you ever care? Neither did I. They say we learn something new every day, but they never said it would be useful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.