Thursday, July 13, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 7/13/17

I spent a few chapters hinting and teasing at a film directed by Bernardo Bertolucci. In chapter 16, I finally get into the story.

The fictional film is about Émile Armand, but my story is not. One of my characters is an actress who plays one of Émile Armand's lovers in the film. Her mother is also one of Armand's lovers, and one scene in the film explores their little triangle, culminating in a threesome between mother, daughter and their shared lover. It's the kind of twisted situation someone like Bertolucci would film.

I did not write it just because it's twisted. There are some Oedipal and Electra issues the character has to work out. It's not at all graphic. It is supposed to be more psychological than titillating. In fact, I should mention the character's relationship with her parents more. That might help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.