Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 8/8/17

The first draft is finished. The ending made me laugh out loud. Every time I read it, I still think it's funny. That is never a bad thing.

Everything about this story that was in my head is out on paper. Now, the real work begins.

The first draft is always the easy part. You type up the story, plot, characters, character development, incidents and accidents, hints and allegations. Once everything is out there, it gets harder. Now I have to make sure it all makes sense.

Editing usually takes longer. I will always read bits and pieces while writing the first draft, but you have to really read it during the editing stages. I might just read it all the way through, making minor changes along the way, and then go back and start to work on it in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.