Monday, December 18, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 12/18/17

Chapter 9 is now part of chapter 8. When I read chapter 9, something was not right. I always knew it, but saved fixing it for a later day. I was actually looking forward to rewriting the entire chapter. At least that would tell me that I'm actually doing something.

But then I looked at chapter 8 and realized that chapter 9 was just the epilogue of the chapter, more or less. Rather than rewrite 9, I added it to 8. I'm a little disappointed that it was such an easy solution, but after reading the new extended chapter 8, it works much better.

While going through chapter 10, I realized that I skipped an important detail that almost no one will ever care about.

One of the characters is wearing clothes from the late 1920s, but I never gave any information about the dress. It is not an integral part of the story, but if I don't mention any specifics, most people are going to picture a flapper dress. But that is not what I'm thinking about at all.

In the revised version, I barely describe anything. It is just part of a sentence in passing. But I think it's enough to work.



House of Paquin evening dress


This is not the same

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.