Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ching Ming Festival

I just found out that I have my first vacation coming up – after only two months on the job. April 5th is the Ching Ming Festival, a day when people in Hong Kong honor their ancestors. I don’t know what it’s all about, but I know Ryan & I have the day off. Since it’s on a Tuesday, they decided to give us Monday off as well. We both have Sundays off and I requested that Saturday off, so we would have four days.

Once we’ve been at Disneyland longer, we’ll be expected to work more holidays, but right now we’re both new and we don’t get all the best spots anyway. This is one job where working on holidays is considered better than working any ordinary Wednesday.

We’re thinking about going somewhere since we can explore Hong Kong on regular days off. Apparently it’s really easy to fly to places from Hong Kong without spending too much money. We’ll have to take advantage of that if it’s true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.