Monday, April 2, 2012

Ryan in China part 2

Ryan went to China. Regular China, not Hong Kong China. When we went to the airport, I went straight to the check-in counter. Ryan wanted to look around for signs. We’ve been to Hong Kong airport several times. Ryan says I’m an expert on the airport. It’s a pretty big airport. I read somewhere that it was the largest airport in the world when it first opened, but it’s simple when you’ve been there a million times. The best part is the airport express that goes straight into the city in half an hour, and even if you don’t have an Octopus card you can still pay to go there and come back for free as long as it’s on the same day. That’s very convenient when you’re picking up or dropping off people.

On the express back to Kowloon, I was wondering what it would be like to live alone for a week. It’s only a week, but I’m not used to living alone. I like having people around. Hong Kong is a very big, very crowded, very noisy city, but I’m worried that it will be too quiet at home.

When I got back to the apartment it was weird knowing that he wasn’t there and would not be coming home that night.

He doesn’t know if there are any internet cafes at the hotel, so we don’t know if we’ll be able to talk to each other online or e-mail, but his phone is supposed to be able to make calls in Mainland China, so at least we should be able to talk on the phone. He hasn’t called, but he probably just got there. I’m not worried. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.