Monday, April 8, 2013

New Neighbor part 3

I've been flirting with my new neighbor in the building across the way. We both keep our curtains open, which is pretty rare in Hong Kong, and we see each other from time to time. It's all fairly harmless. We can't talk to each other. We don't have each other's contact information. It's not like you can just open the window and scream. You could try, but Hong Kong is a busy city. I'm not sure anyone would hear anything.

Today I was putting away my laundry, which I always seem to be doing whenever we see each other, and I made sure he could tell I was folding my bras and panties. I don't know why I did it, but he didn't seem to mind. Maybe I do know why. I've been accused of being a tease once or twice. I don't know that I am, but I'm not averse to a little harmless tease between neighbors. We can't borrow cups of sugar, so we might as well be neighborly somehow.

There's no harm in it. There's no way he could ever find out which apartment I'm in. The way the buildings are set up, the most we could ever tell is what floor we're both on. Even if he had a key to get into my building or someone just let him in, there's no way he could find my apartment without knocking on random doors and hoping to get lucky.

I don't get the impression he's the stalker type anyway. I've never seen him with binoculars or a camera. Everybody has cameras in their phones now. I've never caught him trying to sneak a picture. Ninety percent of the men in Hong Kong already would have tried, and my curtains would be long closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.