Monday, April 22, 2013

No Comment

People are weird.

For 2 1/2 years my blog was wide open to anyone and everyone. Anybody could read it and leave a comment without having to type in a secret code or wait for me to approve anything. Now because of just 2 people that’s all changed.

I seem to have offended some people when I said bad things about terrorists. A very angry comment was left on my blog. They were even more offended that I deleted a hateful comment from my blog. Then came a flood of pure hate & hostility. I’ve never said anything to these people. I’ve never done anything to fuel their anger – except for saying that terrorists are bad people and deleting all of the hate speech and bullying comments. During this string of hate, one of them said “get a life”, which I thought was kind of funny. I almost didn’t delete that one, but it’s not as funny without the context of all that hateful ranting & raving.

I don’t know what set them off. It can’t just be because I don’t like terrorists. I sincerely hope they get whatever help they need. But I’m not a doctor. I can’t help anybody. I also reserve the right to delete any and all comments as I see fit. This is my blog. No one is forced to read it.

I’ll never delete a comment just because I disagree with an opinion. But I will always delete hate speech, threats of violence and bullying.

2 comments:

  1. did you Hint any race or religion when you spoke of terrorists?

    or maybe they actually were terrorists and were offended that you didnt like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they were terrorists. More likely just people who don't really know English that well and misunderstood what I said.

    I didn't say much in my post about the terrorists because we didn't know who did it at the time.

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.