Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Bird of My Tongue

In the category of things that pretty much never happen to me, I was offered a part in a movie. It is a small part in a small movie, but this is a real production with real people who show up in Google searches. The catch, since there is always a catch in this business, is that they are filming it in Jerusalem.

The story takes place in Jerusalem and most of the people involved live in Jerusalem, so that makes perfect sense from their point of view. For me, that is not terribly convenient. Taking a day or two off work to do a movie in Hong Kong is one thing. Taking a few weeks off to fly to the other side of Asia is not ideal. And that's assuming they can film my part at the same time. They might want to do one scene one month and another scene in another month. That would not work out very well for me.

I have yet to read the script, so I don't know any details, but I think they want me because my personal situation is similar to the character. From an acting point of view, that only makes it easier. I can play me.

I also have not signed any contracts, so this might be much ado about nothing. But it is interesting to think about. I have only talked to one of who knows how many producers on this thing. Independent movies usually have multiple producers and/or financers who all want to be in charge. The guy I talked to might be on the low end of the totem pole. I'm a little worried I might get offered the part and fly all the way to Jerusalem only to be told that I still have to audition. The last thing you want to hear after a 12 hour flight is “we'll let you know”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.