Monday, March 7, 2016

Wild Honey Pie

I will be playing Honey in a Central production of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?. Honey is not the best part, but the only other option is Martha, and that is the lead. I played Martha in a student production a lifetime ago, so I don't have to study as much as I would have to otherwise. Every production is different, and a different cast makes a different experience, but doing a play you have already done is always easier than taking on something new. This will be a very different experience from Pygmalion. Hopefully, in a lot of ways.

I kind of like Honey better anyway. Martha has a bigger part, but she is an annoying character to play. I love watching actors like Elizabeth Taylor in that role, but I would rather play the character who does not get the jokes. Playing someone in denial is more interesting to me than playing someone who lets it all hang out. You know who Martha is right away. She quotes Bette Davis as her opening line for a reason. There is always a little mystery in Honey.

2 comments:

  1. So, is your friend Lily going to come back to HK? If so, will Disney let her continue working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's back, but she doesn't have a job right now.

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.