Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 4/11/17

I have finished the first chapter. It is worth noting that this is a first draft and “finished” is a relative term.

My current plan is to move on to the second chapter, but I could always go back and work on the first. More often than not, I will go over a chapter after it's finished and rewrite whatever needs rewriting. That is also when I catch most of the typos, even though it is not anywhere close to the editing stage. By the time I start editing, I have read each chapter so many times, there really should not be any typos. But you always have to keep an eye out for those little devils.

This time, I'm thinking about moving on after each chapter and just pushing forward. Sooner or later, I will go back and read over everything. At that point, something will change. I guarantee it. I will either make a few tweaks, edit it heavily or rewrite it entirely. I might even cut it out completely. It's too soon to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.