Sunday, April 23, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 4/23/17

I have started writing one of the main characters. She is the first one to use the clever and/or stupid naming system that I think I mentioned earlier. It is not a name I would have used otherwise, so maybe this is a good idea. I find it important to get out of my comfort zone as often as possible.

This story takes place in the United States, so using words in the native language that describe the character is not going to work this time. That is what I did with the French characters in Shooting For Paris and the Israeli characters in Harmony On Spring Hill. The French is not as obvious, but I'm almost hoping that no one who speaks Hebrew or Arabic reads the other one. Clearly, I don't know Hebrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.