Monday, May 8, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 5/8/17

Now that I have returned home and back into my daily routine, I'm back to work on what may or may not become my next book.

I wrote one paragraph today. It is currently 103 words, but that could easily change. I never check the word count of specific paragraphs, but I was curious this time. 103 words is nothing for a full day's work. This blog post alone will be more than 103 words*. And it will only take a few minutes to type.

You just never know how productive any given day will be. Sometimes it seems like I can't stop typing. Sometimes I only stop because I have to do other things. On a previous book, I wrote an entire chapter in one day. Unless you count any editing that came later. That is when I think I'm going to finish in no time.

Sometimes, it goes a little slower. It's possible to get in a single sentence during a full day. That is when I think the book is going to take years to finish. I'm on chapter 3, so this one could take a few months or a few years. I can't even begin to guess when all will be said and done until I'm on the last edit, which is mostly just reading it all the way through. Currently, I'm pretty far from that.

*230 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.