Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 5/9/17

There is a movie where a very young Phoebe Cates climbs out of a swimming pool and takes off her bikini top in slow motion. Anyone who was a teenage boy when that movie came out has that image carved into their memory.

I have never been a teenage boy, so the name of the movie escaped me. It was driving me crazy. Then I went to Google. Type “Phoebe Cates” in an image search and it's the first thing that pops up. There are even animated gifs. I have to say, purely from an artistic point of view, she had a nice rack.

The movie is Fast Times at Ridgemont High, famous for starting the careers of an entire generation. And that pool scene.


Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Directed by Amy Heckerling
© 1982 Universal Pictures

Stare all you want. It's not going to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.