Sunday, June 11, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 6/11/17

During a camping trip, one of the characters is the stranger in a strange land. She is a city girl with no experience in camping or spending much time in the great outdoors.

Fortunately for me, I have some experience with camping. I have never gone camping in the Santa Susana Mountains, and would never in a million years have the adventure they are having in the hills, but I know how to pitch a tent and start a fire. I'm never going to go on one of those reality TV survival shows where everyone is naked in the wilderness, but I can safely spend the night outdoors without freezing or getting eaten by bears.

This camping trip is very different from anything we used to do when we went up to Land O'Lakes or St Croix.


Matilda Joslyn Gage

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.