Friday, June 16, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 6/16/17

Writing, writing and more writing. At this point, I'm concentrating on three characters, but there are more that come and go. Someone somewhere is bound to complain.

Who is the main character? Does there have to be one?

I'm hardly an expert on writing, or much of anything, for that matter, but I know one of the cardinal rules of doing anything artistic. Someone somewhere is going to complain no matter what you do. Sometimes, that is how you know you have succeeded.

I have also introduced the members of a new, completely fictional, band. Their names are Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy. Beth plays keyboards, of course. I'm a little worried about those names, for obvious reasons. I don't think it's particularly clever, but they are minor characters. They are women, though I never mention their heights. They have to be called something.


Palos Verdes, California



Queen Bitch
David Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.