Saturday, June 3, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 6/3/17 – Tel Aviv Edition

I'm doing a little writing in Tel Aviv, but not as much as I would at home. There are too many other things to do here. I can't say if this environment is affecting what or how I write. I doubt it. The story takes place in Los Angeles, which is nothing like Tel Aviv, other than the beaches.

I wrote a saucy little oral sex scene yesterday. It contrasts last week's rape scene nicely. One is a horrible act of violence and cowardice. The other is a consensual little slap and tickle. They work well together, I think. But there is a 50/50 chance I will cut out the rape scene. I can give the oral sex scene 3 to 1 odds.

And then I wrote my first lesbian sex scene. I don't know what's going on around here.

This is not an erotic novel by any stretch of the imagination. It has to have sex. That's just the way it goes. But it does not have to have any graphic scenes.

The lesbian aspect is fascinating to me because I don't know the first thing about being a lesbian. It's like asking me what it's like to be a midget. I have no idea. I can make all kinds of assumptions. I suppose some things are just common sense. But I really don't know.

If I start writing a lesbian midget scene, I swear I'm taking a vacation.


The Children's Hour
Directed by William Wyler
© 1961 United Artists


Casablanca
Directed by Michael Curtiz
© 1942 Warner Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.