Monday, September 9, 2013

Dancing in the Rain part 3

Dancing in the Rain part 1
Dancing in the Rain part 2


After what felt like hours lying broken and naked on the wooden deck in the rain, but was more likely less than one hour, I scooted myself over to my cell phone and called Kevin. He works closer to the big house than anyone I know and it is easy for him to leave work early, especially since his boss was out of town. No one would complain, but in the unlikely event anyone did, Kevin could always say he was checking something at the house. Absolutely no one would interfere with Kevin's protection of that house.

My first obstacle was getting to my phone. It was on a deck table, protected by a large sun umbrella. You are supposed to close the umbrellas at night and when it rains, but I'm glad we forgot to do it. Otherwise, I would have kept my phone indoors and I would have had no other choice but to drag myself kicking and screaming inside.

When I got to my phone, I told Kevin what happened. He thought I was joking at first. I convinced him with the tone of my voice that I was serious. I might have even scared him a little, but you do what you have to do when surviving in the wild.

He got to the house faster than I expected and found me sitting up against the deck table. I tried to get myself off the deck and actually sit at the table, but I was too exhausted by then. Lying broken on the deck naked in the rain takes a lot out of you.

Kevin picked me up and quickly carried me into the house. He had a towel wrapped around me before I knew it. We briefly talked about calling an ambulance, but then decided it would be faster to take a taxi. It was not really an emergency and I would not want someone to die because an ambulance was busy with me. We also knew there would probably be one or two taxis already in the neighborhood. Anyone without a car who lives or works there almost has to take taxis.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.