Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Qixi Festival

Thursday was the Qixi Festival in China. That's the Chinese Valentine's Day. I don't usually pay any attention to that one. As far as I'm concerned, February 14th is Valentine's Day. I realize that I live in a part of the world that disagrees with me, but I think I will always see it my way.

Nothing special happened on this Qixi. Mostly because it is a day I have never celebrated and partly because I don't have anyone to share it with anymore. It's kind of nice to have a practice day before the real Valentine's Day comes around in a few months. I don't care about Qixi and hopefully I will be less inclined to break things by the time February rolls around.

Japan also has White Day. That one is a month after the real Valentine's Day. I'm not sure why they need a sequel right after the first one, but fortunately, it has not really caught on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.