Sunday, September 10, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 9/10/17

For the second draft, I'm just going through it chapter by chapter and fixing whatever needs to be fixed. Once finished, I will read it cover to cover again and think about the third draft. The more I change along the way, the more I will do everything over and over again. The editing stage is more important than writing the first draft, but far less interesting to talk about. So, like it nor not, I will be droning on about it a lot less.

I have already fixed a few issues with the first chapter. It's always easier to write the first chapter after writing the rest of the book. I have thought about not even writing the first chapter until everything else is finished, but that would never feel right. Some people write the ending first. That is a good idea if you do mysteries, but I don't. I generally begin at the beginning and go back and fix whatever needs to be fixed as it evolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.