Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Great Wall of China
2. The Trip

When I first moved to Hong Kong, I assumed I would see the Great Wall of China. It's not that far away. From the United States, a trip to China is a major undertaking. The long flight is almost as painful as the visa application process. From Hong Kong, it is a 3 hour flight to Beijing, and I already have a visa. For whatever reason, I just never went. I have been to the Mainland many times, but I never went any farther north than Shanghai.

Since this was a last minute trip, for me at least, I did absolutely no planning. All I had to do was help Amy change one of the plane tickets to my name, which is harder than it needs to be, and pack my bags. I could probably write a book about what you have to do to change plane tickets in China, but I will not. It would be even more tedious to write than it would be to read. The good news was that she booked and paid for the tickets. Had her ex done it, we would have had to start from scratch, which would have been so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.