Thursday, January 17, 2013

Offline Online

I finally got the internet turned back on. It was off and I still don’t know why. No one can answer that question. The TV also goes off all the time, but I still get to pay the full bill. Sometimes the internet shuts off for no reason. It can be off for minutes, hours or even days. The attitude of everyone seems to be that this is simply the way it is. I think I should get a discount when I don’t get a full month’s service, but they never seem to agree with me.

The internet never shuts off while I’m using it, but sometimes there is no connection when I try to go online. Then I have to make a few phone calls and eventually it’s back up and running. No one has ever explained to me why this happens. I don’t think it’s just poor customer service. I think no one really knows and they’re not too bothered about it.

When things shut off while Ryan is here, he gets mad. Especially if it’s the TV. He hates it when it shuts off for no reason while he’s watching some game. It’s always an important game, but they all seem to be important. I don’t get mad, but I do wonder why none of the people who work for these companies seem to care. They’re also customers and it must happen to them, too. It simply doesn’t seem to matter to them. I just want what I’m paying for.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like there's a problem with your building, I've had a telecom problem for decades..

    In Hong Kong, no company gives a sh*t after you pay and ink a contract!

    We pay first world prices here and get third world service..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hailey,

    I'm the Community and Content manager over at Expat Focus. I'm sorry to leave my message here, but I can't see your email address.

    Would you mind contacting me please?

    carole@expatfocus.com

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.