Thursday, October 15, 2015

Taipei 2.0

I'm going back to Taipei this weekend. This time, it has nothing to do with work. Lily & I are just going for fun. I saw so little of the city last time, I want to see what else is out there. It is so easy to get to, why not.

After I booked the hotel and plane tickets, a typhoon started heading toward the Philippines. It is not expected to hit Hong Kong or Taiwan, but you never know. These storms have a way of changing course. Even if it goes where it is supposed to go, they are still expecting heavy rain in Taiwan. Since the storm is south of Taiwan, maybe Taipei will be ok. I doubt it will be strong enough to cancel our flight, but I'm expecting it to rain the entire time we are there.

We could just skip it and stay home, but then all that money is down the drain. It is too late to get a refund.

Last time, I stayed in Xinyi, which is a city government/shopping district. This time, we are staying Zhongzheng, which is a national government/shopping district. None of the government buildings mean anything to me. We picked this hotel because it is near some of the sights we want to see and close to the main MTR station. I pretty much stayed near the hotel last time. This time, we are planning on going around town. Being close to the metro should be convenient. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.