Monday, November 24, 2014

24th Birthday

Some of my friends were going to throw a surprise party for my birthday, but Lily gave away the surprise. That worked out pretty well, I think. Instead of filling the apartment with people – some of whom I probably would not have known – we just had a few people over for a nice dinner. It was like an early Thanksgiving with friends, which is the way I like it.

Saturday night, after both Ryan & I were home from work, I got to see my real present. It was on Skype, so it was more pixelated and smaller than I remember, but it’s the thought that counts.

Ryan will be in town for the actual Thanksgiving, so we’ll go out to dinner with Lily & Kevin. We haven’t picked out a restaurant yet, but it’s not like there’s a mad rush to book all the best pies around here. I gave up on trying to have a real Thanksgiving a long time ago. Now we just find a nice place to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.