Monday, November 24, 2014

24th Birthday

Some of my friends were going to throw a surprise party for my birthday, but Lily gave away the surprise. That worked out pretty well, I think. Instead of filling the apartment with people, some of whom I probably would not have known, we just had a few people over for a nice dinner. It was like an early Thanksgiving with friends, which is the way I like it.

Saturday night, after both Ryan and I were home from work, I got to see my real present. It was on Skype, so it was more pixelated and smaller than I remember, but it is the thought that counts.

Since Ryan will be in town for the actual Thanksgiving, we will go out to dinner with Lily and Kevin. We have not picked out a restaurant yet, but it's not like there is any mad rush to book all the best pies around here. I gave up on trying to have a real Thanksgiving dinner a long time ago. Now we just find a nice place to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.