Sunday, November 16, 2014

Birthday Surprise

Lily told me that everyone was planning a surprise party for my birthday Saturday. It's not that Lily is no good at keeping secrets. It's that we tend to tell each other everything, so it was hard for her to keep that secret from me.

I don't want a big party anyway. Saturdays are a good day for a party, to people who don't work on Saturdays, but we just had a party on Halloween. I don't think we should throw a party at every opportunity just because we finally have an apartment that is big enough. It's one thing to go to parties at every opportunity, but when they are in your house, you have to clean up.

The perfect birthday to me would be going out to a nice dinner and not having to go to work. Having that dinner at a nice café in Paris would be even better, but it does not look like that is going to happen in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.