Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Dead Sea Hotel 0915

I still have a few days before I have to be back in Jerusalem. Obviously I will not be staying at the Dead Sea all week. That would be prohibitively expensive. This is a resort hotel with spas, multiple swimming pools and all manner of outdoor resort activities. In Jerusalem, I was at a boutique hotel that is probably not too expensive. No swimming pool, unfortunately, but a nice hotel.

As such, I am going to Tel Aviv. I would love to stay in Jerusalem for an extra week, but the opportunity to go to Tel Aviv is right in front of me, so I am taking it. I will have to go back to Jerusalem, but the two cities are pretty close to each other. There are buses that go back and forth all day.

The weather is supposed to be the same there as it is here. That is easy enough to believe since it has been sunny and hot every minute I have been in the country. But as soon as I left Jerusalem, it started to rain. It never looked like it was even close to raining while I was in Jerusalem, and it will be back to sunny and hot before I return.

I am not checking out of the Dead Sea hotel until the absolute last minute. I am looking forward to Tel Aviv, but I want to soak in as much of the lake as I can. I know almost nothing about Tel Aviv, but I know the Dead Sea is too beautiful to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.