Monday, May 9, 2016

Jerusalem Live

I am not the most dedicated blogger in the world. I don't know if anyone is anymore since blogs are mostly dead, but even before everyone went to Facebook, this blog was never a priority in my life.

When I take a trip somewhere, I will usually mention it after I get back. That makes the most sense to me since I can't really describe the trip before it happens. Sometimes I might post pictures of the trip, sometimes not. It got harder to post pictures after Blogger was bought out by Google. I read somewhere that Google does whatever they can to force people to use their browser. Apparently, it is much easier to post pictures if you use Chrome. But I'm not changing browsers yet again just because some corporation tells me to.

Another thing that changed since I started this blog is the definition of the telephone. It has only been a few years, but phones can do a lot more now than they used to. I don't know what percentage of people use their phones to go online more than their computers, but I know that almost everyone I see walking the streets of Hong Kong has a phone in their face.

My phone was built in 2009. It is not what you might call a smart phone. It cannot go online and is not much of a computer replacement. It can send and receive phone calls, which is what I want my phone to do. I have never felt the need to replace it. If I want to go online, I use my computer.

For the Jerusalem trip, I will be borrowing Lily's modern computer phone. She wants me to be able to keep in constant contact with her, as well as look at maps and look up information that I could never do on my phone.

With her phone, I can blog about the trip while everything is happening. I don't know how much I will, though. I assume I will be busy working and seeing the sights. Having the technology to blog before I get home will do nothing to make the blog a higher priority. But maybe I will be able to post pictures. I have to figure out how to use her phone first.

I'm leaving Wednesday, so this will either be the last blog post until I start reporting live from the field, or this will be the last post until I get back. We will have to wait and see which.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.