Monday, May 30, 2016

Hong Kong Airport 1515

I am in Hong Kong, waiting for the Airport Express to take me home.

This will be my last post with Lily's phone. It worked better than I thought it would. I thought I would just use the phone to call Lily every night and leave it in the hotel during the day, but I carried it around with me practically everywhere. I can see why they call it a smart phone. I can almost see why people like them so much, but I still think you should pay more attention to the world around you than to some phone in your hand.

I saw some amazing things in Israel, but the biggest surprise was that everyone else was also looking at the history. I am sure all those people had phones, but those phones were less important than the history. Maybe that only works in Israel. It is certainly not true in Hong Kong. Go to any historic site in Hong Kong and most of the people there are staring at their phones.

The new technology can do some incredible things, but is still only a tool. I can't think of any tool I want to stare at all day. I will stick to my old phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.