Sunday, May 29, 2016

Jerusalem Hotel 2315

This was an unusual day. I woke up in Tel Aviv, said goodbye to that city, went to Jerusalem and now I am saying goodbye to this city. And it all happened during Shabbat, when everything feels unusual anyway.

Shabbat is over and Jerusalem is awake again. But it is almost midnight now, so everything is winding down. Everything will be open and alive tomorrow, but that is when I leave. I don't want to leave, but I have to. I have loved every minute in this country, but I have a life at home. The people here have been welcoming and friendly, but they are not my people. My people are in China, of all places. Jerusalem has been like a dream land. Hong Kong is my real life.

I am really going to miss Jerusalem. It has been good to me and is a truly magical place. I have always heard people say great things about Jerusalem, but I just thought it was some old historic city in the desert. It is not actually in any desert and is a million times more than some old ruin.

My flight leaves late tomorrow, so I will have plenty of time to look around and say goodbye before I go back to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.