Monday, May 16, 2016

On Set 0930

We are still on location. We just did a couple of quick scenes. One was establishing shots of everyone walking around the area and the other was dialogue between a few characters. I had a few lines, but no big Shakespearean soliloquy.

The walking shots were a lot more complicated than I expected. You would think the actors just walk wherever they are supposed to go and the camera follows them. You would be wrong. A simple shot of people walking from here to there requires detailed choreography between the crew, actors and director. That takes blocking, rehearsing and a few takes in our case. Just to walk from here to there.

The dialogue scene was easier technically, but there was more human error. I made my share of mistakes, but I was far from the only one, thankfully. It is still not too late to replace me, so I might want to do a better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.